Tangerine and Elemi Rejuvenating Neck Cream
In the course of my many years as a Beauty Therapist and the hundreds of facial treatments I’ve done for clients, I became well aware that women worry about the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging of their face, but tend to forget about the fragile neck skin just below. Degraded collagen and a loss of elasticity make all your skin, not just your face, more prone to wrinkles, sagging, and discolouration as you age. In fact, the skin on the neck is even thinner than on the face, making it even more vulnerable to fine lines and sun damage so it is vital to use specialised products to nurture your neck!
Reasons for Neck Wrinkles
As we age, our body fat redistributes to different areas. Instead of losing fat in desirable areas like the stomach and thighs, most women tend to lose fat around the neck, eyes and cheeks. Lack of fat under these areas means there is a reduced level of support for the skin. This can result in the sagging skin around the neck and throat that is sometimes referred to as “turkey neck.”
Other factors that contribute to sagging skin in the neck region are the loss of proteins in the dermis layer of the skin called collagen and elastin. Collagen gives your skin firmness and strength, while elastin provides your skin with flexibility. As you age, less collagen is produced and the elastin becomes weakened and worn out. When combined with fat loss, it’s a recipe for neck wrinkles. In addition to the actions of aging, sagging and wrinkling skin can be caused or worsened by your daily activities. Other causes of aging skin may include:
- Maintaining an unhealthy diet. A diet with insufficient nutrients, antioxidants, and healthy fats doesn’t give the body the tools it needs to repair itself, thus increasing the aging process.
- It can cause a drop in the production of fresh collagen by up to 40%.
- Poor skin care routine. Skin that isn’t adequately cleansed and hydrated is more wrinkle-prone.
- Excess sun exposure. UV radiation from the sun causes free radical damage and accelerates collagen and elastin loss.
Tips on preventing Neck wrinkles
- Eat healthily.A well-balanced diet is a powerful anti-aging tool because it helps fight inflammation, which is an underlying cause of ageing.
- Drink plenty of good, clean water.A dehydrated body is more vulnerable to aging, and dehydrated skin looks less full and healthy.
- Care for your neck as fastidiously as you do your face.Apply sunscreen to your neck to help protect the skin from UV rays. Just as with your face, the less exposure to sunlight, the less damage there is to the elastin and collagen.
- Use a neck treatment moisturizer such as our Tangerine and Elemi Neck Cream which is formulated to help improve the look of the neck area, rejuvenate the skin and restore elasticity and firmness.